The New Look story began in 1969 as a single fashion store in the UK. From there, we’ve grown to become a leading fast-fashion brand, with 519 in the UK and Ireland. Our transactional website newlook.com now ships to around 66 countries world-wide generating around 20% of sales. We have more than 5 million followers on social media, across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Starting in 2013 Unzipped as part of the New Look team was KPI’d with launching New Look on ASOS.com as a side project to the main work in buying. This was a groundbreaking moment for New Look.
When they saw the success of the launch, and the future opportunity of wholesale . Wholesale was a new emerging world in retail and New Look wanted to be part of this revolution. Their mission was global expansion, to learn market lessons before investing into bricks and mortar.
- Launching on ASOS, team responsibilities included:
- Reviewing all platform manuals, from compliance to delivery bookings, to ensure an on time launch with no issues.
- Working with the business to educate all relevant teams on the needs and ways of working of ASOS, conducted through workshops.
- Range selection to suit the needs of the ASOS buying team.
- Critical path management, mapping the of the range.
- New Look then went launch 13 more platforms over 3 years, see project outcome list. All platforms followed the same onboarding as per ASOS detailed above.
- Key account manager for Zalando, Namshi & Nelly. Key responsibility was increasing sales, making bottom line profit.
- Unzipped Market focus being Germany during 2015-2017, working part time in Zalando head office, directly with the sales team focusing all efforts on relationship thus sales.
- Recruiting ‘an army’ of admins to facilitate the manual work required within wholesale.
- Being apart of the team growth, growing the team from the original 3 members to 40+ upon leave of New Look.
"New Look puts their customers at the heart of everything they do; this helps them to understand how they feel when searching for products and ultimately, making sure they feel great when wearing them, whatever the occasion."
- Launching on ASOS with Womenswear, Womens accessories, footwear and special sizes all in 2013.
- Launching on ASOS with menswear in 2014.
- New Look launched on 13 more platforms over 3 years. Unzipped main involvement was with:
Covering: range selection, onboarding – reading all compliance manuals and ensuring critical path management of all orders.
- Zalando Sales Growth:
FY15/16 Zalando Growth +24.5%
FY16/17 Zalando Growth +26%